“To give away money is an easy matter and in any man’s power. But to decide to whom to give it and how large and when and for what purpose and how, is neither in every man’s power—nor an easy matter.”
When you give to Hope Ofiriha, you know you’re making a concrete difference in the lives of South Sudanese women and children struggling to build a better future for themselves, their families, and their community. Whether you’re helping to build a health clinic, send a child to school, or fight deforestation or HIV-AIDS, you can feel proud and confident about your decision to give:
- Your money goes a long way in Sudan. In an area where most people live off less than 80 euro cents per day (less than one U.S. dollar), a gift of any size–large or small–makes a huge impact.
- We’re efficient and cost effective. Because we are largely volunteer run and our two paid staff members live in Sudan, our administrative and payroll costs are very small. A full 94 cents of every euro or dollar you give directly funds our projects or helps our beneficiaries.
- We’re giving a hand up, not a hand out. Hope Ofiriha’s projects are designed to make destitute women and children, and the communities they live in, self-sufficient—not dependent on charity.
- We’re accountable. We’ve been vetted by GlobalGiving and GlobalGiving UK who comb through our project histories and accounting records for you to verify we make good use of your money. Our accounting records are also reviewed by the Ugandan Certified Public Accounting Firm of Hillary & Hills.
- You will inspire others. By showing through your donation that Hope Ofiriha matters to you, you make Hope Ofiriha matter to others.